Updated on 2021.07.24
Who we are
We are New Technology Walkers, a group of VR professionals that love to create VR experiences. The team is headed by Massimiliano Ariani and Antony Vitillo but includes many other freelancers and small companies (like MID). We create games like the one that you are playing, HitMotion: Reloaded, that is aimed to let you stay fit while having fun.
If anything in this document is not clear to you or you think that we are making some errors in the management of your personal data, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
HitMotion: Reloaded is a single-player game. Since at the moment the game doesn’t require an account and doesn’t offer multiplayer features, we have been able to develop it so that almost all the data about the game just stay on the device and is never transmitted outside.
Your only personal data we may collect is related to:
- Game progresses
- Game preferences
- Game analytics
These items are explained in detail here below.
While you proceed in the game, the system may record information about your progress into the game like for instance:
- Stars unlocked in a level
- Achievements unlocked
- Dailies won
and information about how you performed in the game from a fitness standpoint, that is, for instance:
- Number of calories burn
- Number and types of punches given
- Number of dodges performed
This data is necessary to provide you a satisfying user experience, with features like gamification that are proven to be effective to let people be motivated in playing a game. Since ours is a game about fitness, we believe that these tactics may entice you to return playing HitMotion, so that you can stay fit every day, with a noticeable benefit for your health.
We just store all this data locally on your device, because there is no need to transmit it outside. Your data is never communicated to us, and you have full control over it.
For the sake of offering a more coherent user experience, we also save locally some of your choices about how you do prefer playing the game, like for instance:
- What is your preferred language
- What has been your choice for what concerns the game analytics
- The position and the orientation of your play space area
- What are the modifiers you have selected for each level
This data too is stored only locally on your device and never leaves it. It is used so that you can have a more pleasant user experience: for instance, saving the preferred language lets you select your own native language only once, without the need of selecting it every time you start the game.
Analytics is the only data of yours that may be sent to the cloud. The game may record information about your game progress and send it to our Unity Analytics account to let us understand how to improve the game in the future.
The data that is sent to Unity Analytics includes:
- The levels you have played and their outcome (win/lose)
- The score you are reaching for each level
- The punches you are giving
- The enemies you are destroying
- The enemies you are dodging
This data is very useful for us, which are a little game studio, to analyze the general performances of the players and be able to adjust the game accordingly. So, for instance, if we notice that no player wins Level 4, we understand that we made it too difficult, and we can publish an update making it easier to win. Feedback is very important for us, and this data makes us improve our game for all the VR community.
Since privacy is overly important for us at New Technology Walkers, we want to underline about our analytics data collection that:
- We are relying on a very famous and trustworthy service like Unity Analytics
- The data we can access is completely anonymized, and we can only see the aggregated values
- We only collect the data we need and in no way this includes sensitive data about yourself
- We use your data only to understand how to improve the game and for no other purpose
- You can opt-out very easily from it. When the game starts the first time, the first screen you can see in the main UI is the message about our game analytics data collection with a bright button that invites you to choose if you prefer handling this data to us or not
- Not providing consent in sending to us analytics doesn’t change the game experience in any way
Who we share your data with
We are not sharing any of your data with third parties, either for free or as a paid service. We care about your privacy, and we thank you for your trust in handing your data to us.
How long we retain your data
The data that is on your device remains until you decide to remove it or until you remove the application entirely.
The data on Unity cloud can remain stored for an indefinite time if we evaluate it can still be useful for our analysis on how to improve the game (e.g. to evaluate how the performances of the game have evolved over the years)
What rights you have over your data
If you are a player of HitMotion: Reloaded, you are in full control of your data.
You are free to remove the personal data that is stored on your device whenever you want. You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your rights on your personal data include the following:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
In case you don’t find an easy way to fulfill automatically your request, we will be happy of helping you with that.
Where we send your data
The only data that are sent to an external provider are the game analytics that are sent to Unity Analytics services. No other data goes outside your device.
Our contact information
In case of any problems with your personal data, you can contact New Technology Walkers’ founders Antony Vitillo or Massimiliano Ariani, and they will help you in solving any issue. You can contact us via e-mail or standard mail.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Standard mail address is:
Antony Vitillo (NTW)
c/o Associazione Culturale Lombroso 16
via Cesare Lombroso 16
10125 Torino (TO)
How we protect your data
We try to keep your data as secure as possible by:
- Using only high-quality trusted products to handle them;
- Keeping our product always updated with the latest security patches;
- Keeping ourselves informed about any data breaches that are happening in the world.
What data breach procedures we have in place
We continuously stay informed about possible data breaches on the services that we use. In case of possible data breaches we get notified about, we will inform all HitMotion’s community immediately. In case the breach is about a 3rd party service (e.g. Unity Analytics), we will work together with the providers of the services to understand what has been the impact of the breach, what are the risks for our users, and how we can solve the problem.
What third parties we receive data from
We just receive data from Unity Analytics as previously described.